At present Tisser links over 300 products coming from multiple rural clusters encompassing more than a thousand artisans across the country. We are creating a base for skilled, sustainable rural employment, and preserving India’s traditional handicrafts in the process. All products are delightfully designed and carefully crafted.
Handloom and handicraft are to India as fragrance is to flower. Our weavers and craftsmen found an unmatched expression for our splendid culture through cherished legacy of handicrafts and handlooms. Historically the fame and fortune of these hand made products has been legendary; surmounting the barrier imposed by our geography and amazing the masses around the world. Prized around the globe, these crafts weave a magic of motifs and imagery that mirrors the diverse culture and geographical pastry of India.
The Vision : At Tisser we weave a network of weaver and artisans from incredible India to support Make in India and amuse the customers around the world
- We will harness the transformative power of a well-run business committed to profitable growth in support of Tisser’s Vision.
- We will strengthen and support our community of artisans, weavers , customers, designers, inspired by India.
- We will give our customers products that delight them by interpreting our rich heritage and traditional knowledge, while protecting the natural environment.
- We will generate livelihood for our weaver and artisans through end to end support .
- We will support the girl child education of the families with us through our proceeds.oday, with a pan-India presence, Tisser is the working with artisans and weaver in different clusters / states of this vast country, for products that derive from traditional crafts and knowledge. All products are skillfully made and crafted from villages across India where the company works closely with the artisans, providing various inputs including design, quality control. Tisser endeavor is to bring customers a choice of products – and lifestyle – that offers an alternative to the mass-produced, while creating sustainable livelihoods in the rural sector.We desire to become the instrument through which the artisans can directly connect with the global audience, we desire to be the resource which helps craft sell not as objects but the Indian culture . We are vying to make not just ‘sales’ but ‘dialogues’ between the craftsmen and their patrons, encouraging ‘co-creation’ possibilities and a collective growth. We are committed to keeping all the good practices intact and all processes humane, just and ecologically balanced. Above all, we want to identify and recognize the faceless artisan.
- Socially, craftspeople and artisans come from some of the most disadvantaged communities, with very little opportunities for self development and growth. Under livelihood project they come together as self help groups and producer groups to get improved access for finance and market. The fact that artisans and craftspeople still retain their skills is a miracle, given the fast changing trends in the urban market, which are the mainstay of many a rural artisan.Tisser core value is respect for both the producer and customer. We ensure a fair price to the producer as well as quality products to the customer. Profits earned from sales will in part go back to ensure a better life for the communities, to support the girls child education of weavers and artisans.